Unabridged Chick

India Black and the Rajah's Ruby - Carol K. Carr It is no secret I adore Carol K. Carr's India Black series. The first book made my top ten of 2010 and the second book was a welcome return to a character I adored.This is a prequel, of sorts, to the India Black books, set during her days as a prostitute (and not the madam she is in books one, two, and three). About 40 pages long, it details the incident that launched India into her madam-ship, so to speak, and as with the previous India books, has the cheeky humor, droll sexiness, and the brazen escapades I've come to associate with Carr's novels.For those unfamiliar with this series, while India is a madam, this isn't historical erotica or even really historical romance.  Carr  intimates what India has done, what happens in India's brothel, without being gratuitous, gross, or clinically detailed.  India's profession makes for a wonderfully unique heroine and her world an intriguing, unusual setting for a Victorian mystery series.  While not a 'clean' novel technically, this isn't salacious in the slightest, and if you like Victorian settings, rowdy heroines, and snark married with action, give India a chance.This e-short is an excellent introduction to India Black and Carr's wonderfully droll writing style if you're unfamiliar with this series; and if you're already a fan, you're going to love this naughty, wicked slice from India's past.