Unabridged Chick

the Strangely beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker - Leanna Renee Hieber One-sentence summary: Friends of Justice, Victoriana-style, wait around for the The One in order to fight evil.Tropes: Preternaturally attractive heroine, aggravatingly moody heroDid this book make me wish my commute were longer?: NO.Did this book require a dictionary?: NO.Did I want one of the characters to be my BFF?: NO.I've tried twice to read this book, and on my second attempt, I made it further -- third chapter. But neither time nor more pages made this book any more engaging for me. I found it bland and familiar (in the worst way). Worse, I didn't like any of the characters, least of all the eponymous Miss Percy Parker. To be fair, I hardly got to know her, but from the moment she stepped foot into the scene, I didn't want to.I wish I had some specifics to offer, but really, I felt myself kind of glazing over with each page -- when I should have been hanging on every word.